- In-person spring semester classes resumed on Monday, January 10, 2022 (one week delay), with masking, home screening, cleaning, and other protocols in place.
- On February 28, the school shifted to mask optional contingent on positivity cases remaining below predetermined rates. Protocols will be adjusted for each level as needed.
- As of May 16, the School has two employee positive COVID-19 cases in isolation at home. Your ongoing prayers and support are very much appreciated.
- All individuals should continue to abide by established protocols for social distancing, home screening, etc.
- Spectators are welcome at athletic events. Capacity is not limited; individuals are encouraged to socially distance themselves if possible when in large crowds.
- Currently, Campus House will be used, when needed, as isolation housing for positive cases among boarding students.
Resource Center for Current Parents
COVID Status Update as of May 20th
- Principia College Campus continues to be a mask-optional campus
- An important component of this transition is transparency related to our two key stated metrics. We will do our best to keep these numbers up to date.
Metrics and Current Status
- Positivity rate as a percentage of the population (students, faculty,and staff):
- Target less than 2%; Current: 0 Students; 6 Positive Faculty/Staff: 1% of Total Population
- Occupancy of available quarantine/isolation rooms:
- Target less than 75%; Current: 0 student close contacts in quarantine = 0%
If either of the above metrics are met then the COVID committee will reassess the campus policies and take action according to the situation.
We expect continued guidance from the CDC in the coming weeks and will continue to update our policies to stay aligned with the spirit of new CDC guidance as they are published.
Members of Principia College faculty and staff with concerns and/or objections regarding the above framework should continue to make those known directly to Mitch Stock. Thank you for your continued support and understanding as we seek to navigate the way forward with wisdom and grace.
Message from College President to Parents of College Students, September 28, 2021
Message from College President to College Community, December 30, 2021
Community Metaphysical Sharing
Read and share inspiration on our community board.